Collisions happen. It’s that simple.
You can trust that Volkswagen will be there to help with the repair process however we can.
Find a Volkswagen Certified Collision Repair Facility.
But first and foremost, here’s what you need to do to help ensure your safety and peace of mind if you’re in an accident:
- Call the police, and request an ambulance if you need one (or anyone else involved does)
- If possible, move your vehicle out of traffic into a well-lit place that’s easy to access
- Collect your driver’s license, registration, and insurance information for the police when they arrive—filing a report will help speed up the insurance claims process
- Contact your insurance company to let them know what’s happened
- Exchange information with the other driver (if another vehicle is involved), including name, phone number, insurance company and policy number, driver’s license, and license plate numbers—and remember, they’re scared and frustrated too, so keeping calm and sticking to the info will help make everything go smoothly
- If possible, use your smart phone or other camera to take photos of the damage—taking pics of driver documents like driver’s licenses and other info mentioned above may be easier than writing everything down as well
Call Volkswagen Roadside Assistance toll free at 800-411-6688 for NO-CHARGE towing of Volkswagen vehicles under the new or certified pre-owned vehicle warranty to a Volkswagen dealer or Certified Repair Facility near you.
Provided by Agero.