Seasonal Driving Tips
Before you play in the sun, make sure you're covered.
It’s road trip season. People are ready to pack up and head down to fun and relaxing destinations. To beat the heat, ask your dealer for a NO-CHARGE Multi-Point Inspection. From checking your battery and AC to inspecting your tires and fluids, you’ll be cool and confident knowing your car is ready to roll. Happy trails.
- Be sure you have the proper tools to change a tire and make sure your spare tire is usable.
- Put your driver’s license, vehicle registration, and auto and medical cards in a safe and secure place.
- Bring an extra set of car keys.
- Plan your route and leave a copy of your itinerary with a relative or neighbor.
- Take any special medications or prescription information as well as your doctor’s phone number.
- Bring a cell phone and check it for its range.
Stuck in sub-prime conditions? That’s cold.
As with most things in life, preparation is the key to success. Old Man Winter can do a number on the roadways—affecting driving conditions and your car’s ability to respond appropriately. Extreme temperatures can also drain batteries, deflate tires, and freeze radiators. Have the Volkswagen Certified Technicians at your dealership give your car a NO CHARGE multi-point inspection. Extra peace of mind should help you confidently plow through the day.
- Check the weather forecast so you know what weather and road conditions to expect.
- Keep your gas tank at least half full for added weight and to prevent getting stuck on the side of the road.
- Verify your tires are properly inflated (pressure drops in colder temperatures).
- Clear your view and make sure you have enough Volkswagen approved windshield wiper fluid.
- Check your tire tread to make sure you have a good grip on the road.
- Don’t spin your tires if you get stuck. Try to clear away snow and ice from underneath the tires and pour sand or gravel for traction. Or call for Volkswagen Roadside Assistance at (800) 411-6688 for NO-CHARGE towing for new and certified pre-owned warranty vehicles.