Real stopping power.
No matter how you drive, how fast you can stop is probably the most important safety feature in your car. Your Volkswagen brake system needs to be 100% reliable, especially in adverse conditions. That’s why brakes are a top priority when performing a maintenance service job. To help ensure that you can always rely on your brake system, take it to the braking experts at your local VW dealership since they know how to service the sophisticated anti-lock braking system (ABS) on all Volkswagen models.
Think all brakes are the same? Stop right there.
Genuine Volkswagen Brakes are designed and engineered specifically for your VW model’s size, weight, and handling. Don’t stop for anything less.
Genuine Volkswagen Brake Pads and Rotors:
- Retain friction even in extreme temperatures, from more than 1472°F overall, up to 7232°F in so-called hot spots, and all the way down to -58°F.
- Withstand salt, brake fluid, fuel, and much more without losing braking power.
- Are quiet and smooth, developing full performance at top speed and do not produce smoke or unpleasant burning smells.
- Offer a precise fit, meaning no need for remodeling or adjustment—saving you time and money, and eliminating fault sources.
Don't stop with the hardware.
Replacing brake pads and rotors alone will not ensure optimum deceleration. Old brake fluid can also be a problem. That’s when the water content in the brake fluid starts to reach dangerous levels, reducing its ability to transfer hydraulic pressure and causing the feared “step into nothing” effect.
Genuine Volkswagen Brake Fluid, such as VW Standard 501 14:
- Complies with Volkswagen standards.
- Helps to optimize the quality, function, and economy of the brake system.
- Improves viscosity at low temperatures and guarantees a better performance at temperatures between 32°F and 104°F.
- Has a higher wet boiling point, which leads to greater operating safety with a water proportion of 4%.
The new standard for brake fluids represents optimum quality for the brake systems of all Volkswagen vehicles, both current and prior model year vehicles. It can be mixed with fluid already in the vehicles and can therefore be used for topping off.