Come to the pros for a change.
The experts at your Volkswagen dealer know your car better than anybody else, including which oil will help keep your car running safer and better for longer. And don’t forget that using the right oil conforms to the requirements of your factory warranty.
Not all synthetic oils are the same. Remember:
- Volkswagen has developed strict standards to help ensure your car always gets the high-quality oil it deserves.
- The right oil provides optimal lubrication and protection—even under more extreme driving conditions.
- It also helps your car’s engine stay clean, reducing overall wear, and maximizing its performance.
- Oil approved by VW remains more stable at higher temperatures instead of beginning to break down.
- Regular oil changes with the right oil can improve your car’s fuel economy.*
If you opt to change your oil yourself, be sure to use oil that complies with Volkswagen quality standards for your car's engine. A lot of oils are labeled "synthetic," but may not adhere to the strict standards developed by Volkswagen.
Many Volkswagen gas engines require:
- Oil that complies with VW 502 00.
- Oil that complies with VW 507 00.
*Based on fuel savings information found at fueleconomy.gov.