Genuine Volkswagen Battery Replacement and Inspection
Crank it up all summer long.
Unlike any other battery on the market, Genuine Volkswagen Batteries meet the stringent requirements of your VW. A Volkswagen battery is engineered to provide more reserve capacity (or amp hours) to satisfy the electronic demands of today’s European-engineered cars. In addition to coming in a full range of power ratings, each battery is competitively priced and backed by a limited warranty.*
Extreme temperatures are tough on batteries, especially during the dog days of summer. An inspection from a VW Certified Technician, you can help avoid a dead battery on your next road trip. If you require a battery replacement, we’ll set you up with a Genuine VW Battery best suited to your vehicle. You can also read up on your car’s battery specs in your VW Online Owner’s Manual.
How summer heat can affect your battery.
Did you know there’s water in your battery that helps it run every time you start your car? Not only can extreme heat make this water evaporate more quickly, it can have several other effects on your car during hot summer months.
- Water in the battery can evaporate in extreme heat.
- When the water level gets too low, heat can destroy your battery cells—If this happens, your battery will require replacement.
- Heat can affect how long it takes a battery to recharge.
- High temperatures can make your battery work harder, shortening its life.
- Extreme heat can drain your battery faster—especially if you run a lot of electronics, like a DVD player.
- Summer heat causes metal to expand, which can loosen your battery connections.
* See your dealer for details.